• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Independent advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Unfortunately only about 3 firms that run umbrella companies decide to post on here and out of those as you can see ContractorUmbrella is the most frequent.
    That's because you lot are a little scary

As far as CU are concerned, most people tend to go with us because we are open and transparent about what you will be getting, hence the posts on here to make sure you get an honest answer (if I didn't this lot would me in a second!)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      AUCAE dissolved? That's a bummer.

Well, it looks as if we'll be pointing posters to the FCSA in future...
      Only dissolved as a Ltd company, as it was not set up to make money and hence running the accounts was a little pointless!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Contractor Umbrella aren't associate or affiliate members of FCSA, but that wouldn't necessarily prevent me from recommending them.
        Thanks

We undertake an audit by Saffery Champness, who audit to FCSA standards, so although we are not FCSA members, we are APSCo affiliates hence the audit.

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
          That's because you lot are a little scary

As far as CU are concerned, most people tend to go with us because we are open and transparent about what you will be getting, hence the posts on here to make sure you get an honest answer (if I didn't this lot would me in a second!)
          No we are blunt and call a spade a spade.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
            Only dissolved as a Ltd company, as it was not set up to make money and hence running the accounts was a little pointless!
            That's understandable but has it been dropped or is it still going?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              That's understandable but has it been dropped or is it still going?
              Still going - but needs a bit of updating

Comment

Working...
              X