• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another newbie seeking advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone
    Stumbled across this forum after my Agency advised last Wed that they will not longer be willing to pay me through the UC I had been using for 13 months as they did not pass their due diligence process and they have given me a list of screened and approved UC's to try. I am working my way through their approved and recommended ones and wondered if anyone has any experience of wisemove? They don't seem to come up on any search on here?

Agency has told me that with effect from 6 April they have to disclose the amounts they pay to UC's to HMRC who will be able to cross reference this against candidate tax paid and identify those using any schemes that offer higher than expected take home pay? I have asked a few UC's about this and they have told me they know nothing about this and that if the Agency was doing this that they would have to declare it to them? Can anyone shed any light on this and what its called so that I can ask about it when I speak to prospective agencies?

Many thanks
    Pamela

Wisemove is a new one to us.

I've tried to find a website for them without success so can't advise, BUT...

Look at this post, and heed its advice. http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...-umbrella.html

Pay particular attention to this thread http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...companies.html

And be aware that some of those umbrella companies you've spoken to probably don't want to show up on HMRC's radar.

Also it will vary depending on whether you apply for public or private sector contracts.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This is their website www .wisemc.co.uk/consultants
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ta SE, let's have a look then.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

So I haven't been able to find their company or VAT registration on the site and they say absolutely nothing about their fees for their umbrella- so have to speak to their salesman first.

Definitely read up on what makes a legitimate umbrella before you call them.

(You may also need to review your previous umbrella if it failed the agency's due diligence review...)

Comment

And here is more info on the April legislation.

Recruitment Agencies | Recent legislation changes that may affect you!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              So I haven't been able to find their company or VAT registration on the site and they say absolutely nothing about their fees for their umbrella- so have to speak to their salesman first.
              OP this alone would fail a due diligence procedure as it doesn't comply with the Electronic Commerce Act 2002 and the Companies Act.

Comment

Which UC are you currently with? Who is on the approved list?

They seem to have at least one dodgy one on their list. I wonder if the agency is getting a cut through recommending UCs?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Which UC are you currently with?
                  If you read the post properly it is one called Wisemove whose website breaches current legislation.

Comment

Thanks everyone, very odd that they are on the "approved" list when others are not! I wonder how many others are dodgy that they have approved!

Comment

Working...
                    X