• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No contract between client and brolly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No contract between client and brolly

I've signed an employment contract with my brolly and was expecting them to have a contract between themselves and the client (there is no agent). It now turns out that the client hasn't produced a contract and the brolly isn't too bothered about not having one.

I'm thinking that without a contract the client could just say that they never agreed to me working there or agreed to paying me.

They are also pretty relaxed re timesheets so I've created my own to get signed to try and cover myself.

Should I be concerned?

I believe as long as you are turning up and working and they are allowing you in to do the work with the expectation to pay you there is a contract in place albeit an implied one (I think it's implied, I forget). As long as there is something in writing/email agreeing you turn up for work and they pay X then there is a legal contract. What happens about the rest of the terms over payment terms, termination clauses etc god only knows.

Have you tried pushing them to ask why they don't care and what will happen should the worst happen? Does the brolly have multiple people here so it's a bit more of a relationship than one bod on one contract?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

the brolly will have a min wage contract with you, so even if the client didn't pay that would be their liability to you.. could have an influence on their need for paperwork prior to start dates i suppose.

Comment

Working...
      X