• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FPS (freelance professional services (umbrella company)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I don't see you in the members list of AUCAE...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I remember a thread where an IoM contractor was having EXACTLY that problem...
      LOL! Yes, I do too now you mention it.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Though I don't see you in the members list of AUCAE...
        Most large umbrella administrators, such as ourselves, haven’t felt the need to join. None of the original four contractor payroll providers (us, Giant, Parasol and Brookson) are members. I could point to some AUCAE members that have been kicked off major PSLs recently as they are allegedly fronts for offshore loan arrangements and another that has just had a different expenses-related avoidance scheme closed down. We are regulated, compliant and transparent. If there are things from a compliance perspective that you feel are important, I am happy to answer them as we have nothing to hide.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt FPSGroup View Post
          Most large umbrella administrators, such as ourselves, haven’t felt the need to join. None of the original four contractor payroll providers (us, Giant, Parasol and Brookson) are members. I could point to some AUCAE members that have been kicked off major PSLs recently as they are allegedly fronts for offshore loan arrangements and another that has just had a different expenses-related avoidance scheme closed down. We are regulated, compliant and transparent. If there are things from a compliance perspective that you feel are important, I am happy to answer them as we have nothing to hide.
          Please do point them out - it will be interesting to see how AUCAE deals with its errant members.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Please do point them out - it will be interesting to see how AUCAE deals with its errant members.
            My information was provided by consultants within the affected agencies and the contractors that have been told to move. It probably wouldn’t be advisable for me to name and shame on here. Surely AUCAE should be on top of that themselves?

If you enjoy a challenge, try to find the umbrella on the approved list that is also on the ineligible list under a different name

Comment

FPS (freelance professional services (umbrella company)

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Funny you should say that in a way. I have been looking recently at a nice apartment in Douglas. So, if you had a nice little job and you engaged me, then you wouldn't be happy if I had an IoM Ltd company, even if I lived there?
              Happiness is not the issue, we just wouldn't trade with you.
              Last edited by Andy Hallett; 23 March 2017, 20:29.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

We are regulated
                By who?
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

My information was provided by consultants within the affected agencies and the contractors that have been told to move. It probably wouldn’t be advisable for me to name and shame on here. Surely AUCAE should be on top of that themselves?

If you enjoy a challenge, try to find the umbrella on the approved list that is also on the ineligible list under a different name
                  And I hope as a professional you have pointed out the issue along with the evidence to Lucy or someone else there. If not may I suggest you are not as honourable as you are pretending to be....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    By who?
                    QC approved?
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                      Happiness is not the issue, we just wouldn't trade with you.
                      Thanks for the confirmation, that is actually useful to know since the feeling is mutual.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X