• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contract from Umbrella with new assignment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contract from Umbrella with new assignment?

Hi
    I have been working with an umbrella company since last June. In November I was told that it had been bought out by another umbrella company and assured that nothing would change. I then moved to a different assignment and have been asked to sign a new contract with the umbrella agency - is this correct? I had understood that I would be employed by the umbrella on an overarching basis and wanted to check if it is standard practice to sign a new contract for each assignment.
    Thanks for any help with this

Originally posted by jessicas View Post
    Hi
    I have been working with an umbrella company since last June. In November I was told that it had been bought out by another umbrella company and assured that nothing would change.
    Hi Jessicas, it would depend on what the buy-out looked like, if they have transferred names etc then you would have to have the contract amended to show who you are truly engaged with. If the buy-out took the whole business and they continue to trade as "said original" umbrella then technically your employer has not changed, just the holding company.

Comment

Working...
    X