+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default New contract from Umbrella with new assignment?

Hi
    I have been working with an umbrella company since last June. In November I was told that it had been bought out by another umbrella company and assured that nothing would change. I then moved to a different assignment and have been asked to sign a new contract with the umbrella agency - is this correct? I had understood that I would be employed by the umbrella on an overarching basis and wanted to check if it is standard practice to sign a new contract for each assignment.
    Thanks for any help with this

More time posting than coding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jessicas View Post
    Hi
    I have been working with an umbrella company since last June. In November I was told that it had been bought out by another umbrella company and assured that nothing would change.
    Hi Jessicas, it would depend on what the buy-out looked like, if they have transferred names etc then you would have to have the contract amended to show who you are truly engaged with. If the buy-out took the whole business and they continue to trade as "said original" umbrella then technically your employer has not changed, just the holding company.
    Just watching what I say

Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

+ Reply to Thread