• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Atlantic Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantic Umbrella

Anyone used Atlantic Umbrella? Are they any good? reputable?

They seem to be offering me by far the most (with expenses) compared to the other umbrella companies, as im thinking of using an umbrella in April (temporarily) until the end of this public sector contract.

Have a read through the first two stickies in this section. There are plenty of details from Lucy about why umbrella take home shouldn't be that different.

Their website claims that "We operate under an HMRC-issued expenses dispensation". This sounds concerning - Lucy, what does this mean?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well they appear on the All Umbrella's are equal website as a pending member so nothing to worry about there

However their website looks seriously out of date (the footer states 2014) and you can no longer claim business as usual expenses so its not that accurate.

There is also this post from 7 years ago http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ml#post1119510 (based on the age treat it with a pinch of salt - things will have changed)
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well they aren't a member of All Contractor Umbrellas are Equal so on that point alone I'd be moving on.

Ask an Umbrella Company - All Umbrella Companies Are Equal

I must admit I can't see anything about 80%+ take home and QC approved etc but there doesn't seem to be much information at all. They seem to have quite a bit of lolly in the bank and have been around for a long time so don't tick any of the danger boxes for Offshore/Schemes stuff.

Their website gives me the heebie jeebies though. It's exactly the same format as some of the IoM offerings that pop up on here. The simple layout with the big telephone number in the top right. This could just be a template but it surprises me how often it appears to pop up.

Looks legit on the face of it but in my personal opinion there are better ones.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Well they aren't a member of All Contractor Umbrellas are Equal so on that point alone I'd be moving on.

Ask an Umbrella Company - All Umbrella Companies Are Equal

I must admit I can't see anything about 80%+ take home and QC approved etc but there doesn't seem to be much information at all. They seem to have quite a bit of lolly in the bank and have been around for a long time so don't tick any of the danger boxes for Offshore/Schemes stuff.

Their website gives me the heebie jeebies though. It's exactly the same format as some of the IoM offerings that pop up on here. The simple layout with the big telephone number in the top right. This could just be a template but it surprises me how often it appears to pop up.

Looks legit on the face of it but in my personal opinion there are better ones.
          They are listed on AUAE as Pending membership - but yep the website is well and truly out of date. So legit but better options are available.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            They are listed on AUAE as Pending membership - but yep the website is well and truly out of date. So legit but better options are available.

-----------------------------------------
            Thanks for the info guys, im not sure what to do, as they are offering a good bit more take home pay than the others, but that post from a few years ago bothers me and the fact that I have just checked companies house web check and they have changed their company name twice also bothers me.....think I might lay on the side of caution for now.

Comment

Originally posted by likewise View Post
              Thanks for the info guys, im not sure what to do, as they are offering a good bit more take home pay than the others, but that post from a few years ago bothers me and the fact that I have just checked companies house web check and they have changed their company name twice also bothers me.....think I might lay on the side of caution for now.
              Read the first post on http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ey-differ.html .

Basically the only thing that separates an umbrella company is quality of service and fee charged..

Comment

Originally posted by likewise View Post
                Hi Likewise, ok lets get one thing very clear, as of April 2016 non-chargeable expenses (ie the ones the end client are not reimbursing for in full) are NOT allowable via any umbrella company if they are operating compliantly. Please take a look at the small print, especially with regards to the expenses. It will probably be an assumption that you are not under Supervision, Direction or Control by the end client and therefore they "assume" you will be able to claim back at the end of the financial year via self-assessment, these cannot be processed at source.

Comment

Working...
                X