• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Info on Payerise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackmumba View Post
    Hello. I too have been advised to contact Payerise by my agency and after a lot of searching on the web, I could not find much out about them, their own site even has very little content. I then stumbled upon this. I used to work through a Ltd company but I will only be doing a 3-5 month contract and then I am going into a permanent role. Can anybody shed anymore light on how they operate and if you or anybody you know has had any experience with them?
    No, no-one here has used them.

We don't know how they operate, so here are the questions you need to ask http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...following.html

And for general advice, look here http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...companies.html
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by captainbeagle View Post
      Evening,

I am new to contracting - part jumped and part pushed!

I have been looking any a few options including umbrella structures.

I have been chatting to a rather nice bit confusing lady at who seems to be a BD Consultant for payerise. It all seemed to be going well until she mentioned the fact that I would be given shares... however these would be in a Jersey company.

not sure i want to be mucking around in tax havens. Does anyone have any experience of this? Have I got the wrong end of the stick? Help.

Cheers
      CB
      That bit's not mentioned on the website, is it?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        That bit's not mentioned on the website, is it?
        Nor the part when you have to take out a "proper loan" to pay back the loan that is more than the taxes you have avoided Sorry should I have said shares!

Comment

Thank you all. I have not actually contacted them, so I do not have figures to provide. Feeling a bit dubious and reading about Jersey, shares etc, I decided not to. Maybe I should to see what they are offering? Interesting nobody has used or heard of them, telling in it's self.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmumba View Post
            Thank you all. I have not actually contacted them, so I do not have figures to provide. Feeling a bit dubious and reading about Jersey, shares etc, I decided not to. Maybe I should to see what they are offering? Interesting nobody has used or heard of them, telling in it's self.
            If you want to know more about the company and its director, take a look at Companies House.

It's not often that I come across a director with very nearly 300 companies associated with his name....

Comment

If you want to know more about the company and its director, take a look at Companies House.

It's not often that I come across a director with very nearly 300 companies associated with his name....
              Yes, funnily enough I did do that before seeing your reply. Something is definitely amiss

Comment

Have a look at this (note the date!) If you work in the UK, you will pay tax in the UK......

http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...-umbrella.html

And this Brown envelopes arriving on Xmas eve

So no, you'll see no recommendations for those kind of companies on this forum.
                I used Payrise many moons ago and they left something to be desired then. Seems like they are still messing around. I'd give them a wide berth if I was you.

Comment

Working...
                X