• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC Money Box - National Insurance - how some 'umbrella' contractors pay twice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Money Box - National Insurance - how some 'umbrella' contractors pay twice

BBC Radio 4 - Money Box, National Insurance - how some 'umbrella' contractors pay twice

Listening to this weekends money box and there was a segment on contractors engaged though Umbrella companies and the "unfairness" of being taxed Employers and Employees NI, was an interesting listen that could have benefited from impartial balance in saying that for most there are only two approaches, PAYE or Brolly, while it was mentioned that there is a middle for those who are not really either, it would have been nice to see the Ltd option pushed too.

They had someone from PRISM - Trade Body and Association of Umbrella Companies and employment intermediaries on, an "umbrella for umbrellas", never heard of them myself though
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

There is a thread on this already it was started by Zeitghost and is under this one. thread
    Last edited by SueEllen; 6 June 2016, 07:54.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X