• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help with signing up to an umbrella company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharky View Post
    you would be hard pushed to find any thing other then contractor umbrella recommendation on this site given the great feedback and the amount of work it does put in to fight for and against Gov/HMRC legislation that impacts all umbrella companies holds them in V.high regard by many.

would note that few of the other umbrella companies post the amount advice that contractor umbrella has done and still do in a open and honest format.

As the for "The Rate" are you just using the online calculators keep in mind these are just estimates you may find the actual rate different on the pay slip. many umbrellas are pushing its users to go LTD after joining using tactics hard selling making the assumption your out side of IR35/SDC and not disguised employee to offer you a better "Deal" but the "Nice Tax Person" will come you not them for the due tax its not worth it for few £ saved on clam for bus fair to work is it.
    I speak to them over the phone and they give me the figures after taking all the information. They work with the agency I will be using too so that kind of gave me some reassurance. I will see how it goes for the first pay period and will then decide from there.

Comment

Originally posted by alex2900512 View Post
      I speak to them over the phone and they give me the figures after taking all the information. They work with the agency I will be using too so that kind of gave me some reassurance. I will see how it goes for the first pay period and will then decide from there.
      Your decision, just don't come when HMRC come calling...

Comment

Do you want to enter a nightmare in years to come concerning HMRC?

Please, if only I and many others had access to CUK and these forums years ago then I wouldn't be living the nightmare that thousands are living.

If not for yourself THINK of your family. Entering into a scheme, no matter how they dress it up, will be a truly horrendous decision in years to come.
        http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
          Do you want to enter a nightmare in years to come concerning HMRC?

Please, if only I and many others had access to CUK and these forums years ago then I wouldn't be living the nightmare that thousands are living.

If not for yourself THINK of your family. Entering into a scheme, no matter how they dress it up, will be a truly horrendous decision in years to come.
          +1. I had a lucky escape when I started contracting and it was only the agencies refusal to deal with the brolly fronting the scheme that meant I ended up going the Ltd route (thank god!). I knew no better then like a lot of people that fell for these snake oil salesmen (and are now suffering), the fact that this poster is on CUK, has been told that its going to end in tears but is still taking a punt is scary, hopefully he will heed some of the advice on here but those £££ signs are hard to see past for some...

Comment

Decided to go with ContractorUmbrella. Signed up with BestPay then they sent the Employer Loan Agreement and after going through it and doing some browsing I decided to avoid them. I rather be £200 a month worse off but atleast I know I will be in the clear and wont be parted with the money in the future and no legal issues.

Comment

Decided to go with ContractorUmbrella. Signed up with BestPay then they sent the Employer Loan Agreement and after going through it and doing some browsing I decided to avoid them. I rather be £200 a month worse off but atleast I know I will be in the clear and wont be parted with the money in the future and no legal issues.
              You won't be £200 worse off. You are going to be paid exactly what HMRC expects that you will be paid (bestpay are just after greedy fools). Their members may be £200 better off now but by the time HMRC have finished with them they will thousands if not tens of thousands of pounds worse off.

Don't let their false advertising trick / annoy you
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                You won't be £200 worse off. You are going to be paid exactly what HMRC expects that you will be paid (bestpay are just after greedy fools). Their members may be £200 better off now but by the time HMRC have finished with them they will thousands if not tens of thousands of pounds worse off.

Don't let their false advertising trick / annoy you
                its not so much that i will be better off with bestpay by £200. Its just that with any umbrella company I call, I seem to always get £200 or so less than PAYE rates.

Comment

Just shows what a mess this market is. It seems there is Best Pay and Best-Pay. One of them is openly a 90%+ outfit. I don't know about the other one, but it is easy to see how new guys can get into something they never understood.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    Just shows what a mess this market is. It seems there is Best Pay and Best-Pay. One of them is openly a 90%+ outfit. I don't know about the other one, but it is easy to see how new guys can get into something they never understood.
                    I asked them about this. they said its to gain more web exposure apparently.

Comment

I asked them about this. they said its to gain more web exposure apparently.
                      The cost for Google Adwords for the term "Umbrella Company" was around £15.00 per click through last time I looked - so my guess is any company thati s prepared to pay out that kind of money is making way too much from the contractors

Comment

Working...
                      X