• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC to align T&S legislation with the intentions of Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Thanks Lucy, but I did say "still operating", that case goes back to the situation almost ten years ago. Are there any MSC's operating today? If there are, they're very well hidden. Unlike the 90% schemes that are all over everywhere you look. Thanks.
    If you think about it all the msc managers had 2 different businesses that they could mutate into. Brookson's are definitely still around and given the amount of paperwork they are happy to do for their typical customer I don't think their business model has changed that much. It's now 1 company per contractor instead of x contractors in a company
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      If you think about it all the msc managers had 2 different businesses that they could mutate into. Brookson's are definitely still around and given the amount of paperwork they are happy to do for their typical customer I don't think their business model has changed that much. It's now 1 company per contractor instead of x contractors in a company
      Yes, I remember well. The MSC providers used to be very visible and openly flaunted the fact they were taking the pi55 out of Ltd Co working. The fighting fund was often mentioned in "come and get us" style provocative publicity. I don't actually see anyone these days that looks like an MSC.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Lucy,

Thank you for the update. Summarising your opening post, does it follow that those umbrella users with contracts that could be deemed outside IR35 can now claim T&S once the bill is rectified?
        From what I read, it is that they made a mistake and they need to rectify to ensure that there is no contradiction in what they were saying. It appears the current wording of section 339A ITEPA 2003 is incorrect which means technically the Umbrella is brought within IR35 for T&S and not SDC for T&S, only MSCs are subject to SDC for now. I think they are off to do some quick writing to alter that

Comment

Working...
        X