• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't get contract if working under brolly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get contract if working under brolly?

As per title, was anyone declined a contract, because working under a brolly? Did anyone strictly insisted on working via LTD?

I'm not asking about the situation when brolly is not on a list of preferred suppliers of particular agency.

There is no reason at all why an agency would not work with an umbrella company other than preferred suppliers lists. They may refuse to work with companies who brand themselves as umbrella companies but are actually tax avoidance schemes or with companies who are based offshore as they are prevented from doing so by the offshore intermediaries legislation
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by AutomationGuy View Post
      As per title, was anyone declined a contract, because working under a brolly? Did anyone strictly insisted on working via LTD?

I'm not asking about the situation when brolly is not on a list of preferred suppliers of particular agency.
      It's rare but I've seen it.

Agent: "Have you got your own Ltd Co?"
      LM: "Yes, why?"
      Agent: "Good, ClientCo doesn't like contractors who work through umbrella cos"

That was a couple of years ago and I have no idea why client co felt that way. Didn't ask.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
      X