• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AWR/Umbrella/End Client/T&C's.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWR/Umbrella/End Client/T&C's.

I've recently come across a subbie who is working through an umbrella, who's contract quite clearly states the he will be under SD&C of the end client.

I have therefore advised him that he would therefore as he's through an umbrella he comes under after 12 weeks AWR ans is entitled to the same T&C's as permanent members of staff.

He is working next to staff who get time and a half for all hours over 37. He does not. The agency when he's queried it with them advised this is why he receives a greater hourly rate. But as he points out there is a lot more to rates of pay then a headline rate, as he is also paying employers NI.

My question is should he receive enhanced rates for the extra hours over 37 to bring his T&C's inline with the permanent staff.

If he is working under a Swedish Derogation Contract through the umbrella company then there will not be the entitlement to equal pay; if he's not then he will
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X