• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6 month contract in Italy, looking for a good umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month contract in Italy, looking for a good umbrella

Hi ladies and gents,

I may be offered a 6 month contract in Italy, the agency recommended Access Financial Services, from a quick search on the site I see their reputation ain't good. Could someone with experience in short term Italy contracts suggest how I should approach this and which umbrella company is best.

Many thanks,

Ed

Better to ask your agency again.

Originally posted by EdEddEddy View Post
    Hi ladies and gents,

I may be offered a 6 month contract in Italy, the agency recommended Access Financial Services, from a quick search on the site I see their reputation ain't good. Could someone with experience in short term Italy contracts suggest how I should approach this and which umbrella company is best.

Many thanks,

Ed
    Agencies often have a relationship with particular umbrella companies.

So they will recommend these first.

But you have a right to choose.

I would not recommend Access at all.

So you could simply ask your agency for the next couple of names on the list of those that they have worked with.

They should have this information at their finger tips.

If they say they know of no others, they are having you on.

Comment

Based in the UK or Italy?

Hi Ed

Are you going to be based in Italy? Or will you be working based in the UK? If you are UK based it shouldn't be a problem working through a UK brolly, however if your contract extends beyond 183 days then you wouldn't be able to use a UK brolly. Ultimately you won't have to pay Italian AND UK tax as there is a dual taxation agreement in place between the 2 countries so what is paid in one will be offset against what may be payable in the other.

Comment

Re "if your contract extends beyond 183 days" can you explain why?

Comment

Hi Ed,

I am in a very similar situation as you are, and am wondering if you would mind to share your experience in terms of what you ended up doing and why?

Many thanks!

Elle

Originally posted by EdEddEddy View Post
          Hi ladies and gents,

Many thanks,

Ed

Comment

Working...
          X