• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Being underpaid by Umbrella Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being underpaid by Umbrella Company

Hi all,

I've had this problem with my Umbrella (GIANT) for quite some time now and I've only noticed today the extent of the problem.
    My rate is £14 P/H 37.5 hours per week.

I've been taking home average of £320 per week after expenses paid and all deductions taken. I've spoke with a colleague of mine who is also on the same rate but with Parasol and he gets over £400?

I've looked into my invoices and they've charged me multiple times for the same week for there fees.

Could I be due a back-payment?

I have all my invoices in a ZIP file, am I able to upload these so I can get someone to view them to confirm whether or not they are right?

Thank you.

Hi

It may be that your friend is on a different tax code or that they have different expenses - both would make a difference to take home pay.

Have you asked your umbrella company about this? If so, what was their explanation?

If you want to email your payslips to me I'll have a look for you - [email protected]
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyHerbert View Post

I've looked into my invoices and they've charged me multiple times for the same week for there fees.
      Only had this issue when multiple invoices arrived within the same month. (I was on monthly payslips) so was charged multiple times, a simple phone call resolved this with a refund and a bonus month, wasnt GIANT though. That said, not heard anything bad about them.

Comment

Working...
      X