• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payroll Company for Luxembourg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll Company for Luxembourg

Looking for a payroll company in Luxembourg, which will allow me to claim my living, accomodation and travel expenses to offset my tax liability.

Also require a CDD contract(Temporary), as may need to claim chomage(Unemployment benefit) after the contract

I am resident in France in the Rhone Alpes, but will be working in Lux soon.

If anyone knows of a good company let me know

When I was in Luxembourg the payroll companies didn't handle travel and accomodation costs. You may well need to claim these when you hand in your tax return, which is also not handled by the payroll.

You will probably need an accountant, maybe in France as there are many French people commuting on a daily or weekly basis. I know some German accountants handle this.

An important step is to register as a Border worker "Frontalier" with your address in France.

When I tried to offset travel and hotel bills they were turned down based on the fact that I hadn't satisfactorily proven they were exclusively for business. Make sure you have proof of the days you worked in Lux, i.e. keep copies of signed timesheets, and maybe get an accountant to help, if you can't find a payroll company that does this for you.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 4 January 2015, 14:01.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Try EAFS based in Luxembourg.

Once somebody mentioned a UK payroll company contracting staff aboard, I think it was Ontime, give them a call Umbrella Company with benefits for all

Comment

Originally posted by franktouch View Post
        Try EAFS based in Luxembourg.

Once somebody mentioned a UK payroll company contracting staff aboard, I think it was Ontime, give them a call Umbrella Company with benefits for all
        Really? There's nothing on their website about it. There's also no company number on the website and the office address seems to be serviced offices
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

LUX payroll solutions

Anybody any opinions on the companies Lux Conseil and Capitaltaxconsulting as a solution for Luxembourg

Comment

I'm in lux now on a contract. I use CPM people, not bad but not great, usually get paid on time and they give you 30% of the gross in the middle of the month which is handy.

I have been contemplating using someone more local so if you try the lux company you mention i;d be interested to know how you get on with them if you try them

I had a quote from Capitalconsulting, their fees seemed quite high to me but fairly legit. Most of the other companies i contacted seemed a bit dodgy to me or wanted to retain a months pay

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
              Anybody any opinions on the companies Lux Conseil and Capitaltaxconsulting as a solution for Luxembourg
              We use Capital Tax in a few countries. Generally pleased with their service.
              https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
              X