• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Autumn Statement 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autumn Statement 2014

Just listened to the chancellor give his last budget statement for this government and he very briefly mentioned umbrella companies as part of the now seemingly standard Evil Tax Dodgers section if the statement.

There were no details though, so is there anyone more in the know who has any ideas what his plans are?

Originally posted by slatt View Post
    Just listened to the chancellor give his last budget statement for this government and he very briefly mentioned umbrella companies as part of the now seemingly standard Evil Tax Dodgers section if the statement.

There were no details though, so is there anyone more in the know who has any ideas what his plans are?
    Craig from Nixon Williams has started a post on the Accounting/Legal thread. It looks like there will be a consultation on the tax abuses by umbrellas, using travel expenses etc. To be implemented in the Budget next year.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
      Craig from Nixon Williams has started a post on the Accounting/Legal thread. It looks like there will be a consultation on the tax abuses by umbrellas, using travel expenses etc. To be implemented in the Budget next year.
      Thank God you said that Waldorf, I thought I was going mad there for a minute and seeing double
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Thanks Waldorf,

I shouldn't be so impatient for info, it always appears

Comment

Working...
        X