• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best password manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    The upgrade to Premium (needed for mobile use).
    Even then, the mobile functionality is trivially cheap. I bought it for one year but let it lapse as I don't really do much on t'interweb on my mobile.

Comment

Using 1password for a bit now and really like it, especially the programmable hot key to insert passwords into the browser, annoyingly though as more and more apps on my phone/tablet have passwords that seems to be the weak link in the chain, I know 1password has an iOS app but that just gives you access to the browser version of any sites etc which are impractical, guess I am going to have to generate new obscure passwords, key them in manually on the phone/ipad and then just up the screen lock from simple pin to complex password
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I tried Passpack, but their web integration was lousy - you needed to have a bookmarklet for each browser, which only worked for one user at a time.

Moved to lasspass premium so that it worked on my tablet and phone and am very impressed with it. Don't think it supports the concept of multi-user, though, unless you want everyone to be able to see your other passwords.

I think it's something like $1 a month for the premium access. They don't give any discounts for buying for longer, though, which is a shame.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Don't think it supports the concept of multi-user, though, unless you want everyone to be able to see your other passwords.
          I haven't tried doing it myself, but isn't the idea that you set up multiple Identities (under tools) and then can give access to different passwords / groups per identity?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            I haven't tried doing it myself, but isn't the idea that you set up multiple Identities (under tools) and then can give access to different passwords / groups per identity?
            I've just had a quick play around, but each user still has to share the same root password, and can then just switch identities to any of them.

I wouldn't want my kids to just be able to switch identity that easily to get to all my passwords, and I'm not sure they would remember the master password.

Maybe LastPass Enterprise would do the trick, but it's $24 per user per year, so I'm not sure of the benefits really for use as a family, over just having multiple individual accounts.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I've just had a quick play around, but each user still has to share the same root password, and can then just switch identities to any of them.

I wouldn't want my kids to just be able to switch identity that easily to get to all my passwords, and I'm not sure they would remember the master password.

Maybe LastPass Enterprise would do the trick, but it's $24 per user per year, so I'm not sure of the benefits really for use as a family, over just having multiple individual accounts.
              Were you wanting to share passwords, or just to have multiple people using Lastpass for their own stuff?
              In fact looking at the help file for identities, this isn't what you want in either case. You'd most likely be better off getting everyone separate accounts - the question then is whether everyone needs a Premium account or can get by with the freebie.

Comment

+1 for Lastpass, I'm a big fan and all my family use it. Easy to share specific entries between accounts (changes are propogated). Don't forget your masterpassword though, they don't have a copy. $1 per month for premium version that includes use of mobile apps (Android version now has login for many apps, keyboard, copy to notifications, etc). I use to fill in addresses, card payment details, etc.

For security, I use 2 factor. Multiple options available but I like using yubikeys.
                DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

And here I am using a small notebook. I feel so old.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by kyber View Post
                    For security, I use 2 factor. Multiple options available but I like using yubikeys.
                    I switched that on recently for mine, using the Google Authenticator app. Would have liked to see a phone backup number for LP as well (like Gmail does), and also a "remember for 30 days" rather than always remembering the device, though.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      And here I am using a small notebook. I feel so old.
                      You write your passwords down....on paper?

If I got caught doing that they'd kick me off site.

Comment

Working...
                      X