• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best password manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I think that rather misses the mac and ios requirements which are really priority 1 and 2...
    I use Lastpass. I have it on my Mac, my iPhone and my PC, many of which often are accessing the system at the same time. My wife uses the same account for her stuff. Works flawlessly on Firefox (on PC and Mac) and Safari (on Mac) , the IOS version is OK but not great.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So this only affects talking servers? No problems then....
      Fortunately few servers come with a sound card.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Forgot to say - multiple users. Not sure how that would work with Roboform as you only have a master password for all pass files as far as I know...

As for heartbleed I have 1,000 password files by the looks of it and feck knows how many servers to update
        As CUK doesn't use SSL, presumably passwords (or a hash thereof) are sent plaintext anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          As CUK doesn't use SSL, presumably passwords (or a hash thereof) are sent plaintext anyway?
          That's how I understand it. The ironic thing is that if you stuck to non-SSL those clear text sessions would only be available to someone who can sniff the network at some point in between you and the site concerned (e.g. GCHQ/NSA), but if you used SSL, the bad guys might get a peek and in an untraceable manner too. If I've understood it all correctly, of course.

Comment

I use lastpass and was totally happy with it until the latest release, which seems to confuse things. Doesn't work with Windows 8 Metro.

Comment

Another lastpass user here.

You might as well try it, it's free.

Comment

An FYI to Lastpass users - click on the icon in your browser toolbar, select Tools then Security Check and it will scan your vault to show sites / passwords affected by Heartbleed, along with which have updated their certificates so you should change your passwords, along with which are yet to update so you should wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  An FYI to Lastpass users - click on the icon in your browser toolbar, select Tools then Security Check and it will scan your vault to show sites / passwords affected by Heartbleed, along with which have updated their certificates so you should change your passwords, along with which are yet to update so you should wait.
                  Well that is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Another lastpass user here.

You might as well try it, it's free.
                    What are they trying to flog?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      What are they trying to flog?
                      The upgrade to Premium (needed for mobile use).

Comment

Working...
                      X