• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best password manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeePass - like it a lot.

Comment

1Password are having a sale at the moment

https://agilebits.com/store
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        From what I have gathered so far, if you change passwords on a web site or server which hasn't been patched/locked down already your new password might get snaffled.

New CA certificates have been mentioned, then generating new private/public key pairs, then changing your passwords.

Some reading - have a look at the comments too:

Krebs on Security
        Matthew Green - cryptographyengineering.com
        Cheers Sysman - that is what I had read as well. Need to patch OpenSSL and then regenerate keys - total PITA. The 1,000 passwords I have stored are just what is in roboform

Comment

I use yellow Post-it note under keyboard....

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            Cheers Sysman - that is what I had read as well. Need to patch OpenSSL and then regenerate keys - total PITA. The 1,000 passwords I have stored are just what is in roboform
            I suppose that answers the question "Does admin have any sockies"

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              we are all his sockies.....

Haven't you noticed yet?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                At least five are for other sites

Comment

At least five are for other sites
                  There are other sites?

Comment

it gets worse...

StackOverflow: What clients are proven to be vulnerable to Heartbleed?

As a matter of fact, yes, clients are vulnerable. So far the attention has been focused on servers as they are much more open to exploitation. (Almost) everyone can connect to a public HTTP/SMTP/... server.

The following clients have been tested against 1.0.1f and leaked memory before the handshake:
                    • MariaDB 5.5.36
                    • wget 1.15 (leaks memory of earlier connections and own state)
                    • curl 7.36.0
                    • git 1.9.1 (tested clone / push, leaks not much)
                    • nginx 1.4.7 (in proxy mode, leaks memory of previous requests)

XKDC's take

Last edited by Sysman; 11 April 2014, 11:45.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

So this only affects talking servers? No problems then....
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X