• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best development ultrabook?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not an ultrabook is it? You'd have to go for the Air? Or is the new MBP able to claim UB status?
    Technically not an ultrabook but it fits the definition of being thin, light and having a long battery life
    Also has the added bonus of not having an ultabook spec processor and memory

(I think this is the first time I've ever played advocate for an Apple product)
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I did purchase a Sony Vaio Pro in the end.
      Dual core i7, 8GB max I know and I took the 128GB (maximum) PCIe drive options so quite a few compromises on my behalf.
      The main attractions were the screen, PCIe drive which could partly compensate for low memory and battery life (18 hours with the battery pack). Time will tell if this has been a serious mistake but at least it should comfortably manage one or more VMs and connect to an external monitor (1920x1080).
      It took touch screen model as a punt, God knows if I'll like it or not.

I've bought a few Sony products for the last couple of years and I've started to appreciate the though that goes into ergonomics of their devices.
      Last edited by zazou; 21 January 2014, 18:34.

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post
        It took touch screen model as a punt, God knows if I'll like it or not.
        Give it a month or so and anytime you get near a laptop you will want to touch the screen.

Comment

Working...
        X