• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New smart phone recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck me, but paranoia seems a bit over the top? You post information on a public forum and clearly use the internet. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear...

Your calls are already logged and so is your internet usage. 🗽
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear...
      So you would have no qualms about NSA drones watching your and your partner enjoying sexual congress then ? Because, obviously, if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear...

Boo
      Last edited by Boo; 19 January 2014, 13:38.

Comment

I've had a HTC one for months now. It's bigger but thinner than the missus iPhone, really good bit of kit, and more than a few iPhone owning friends have looked enviously at it.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Sony Xperia Z1

Have you looked into the Sony Xperia Z or Z1?
          I've had a Z1 since it came out, upgrading from a Z and have to say that I really really like both.
          Both are extremely powerful, (IMO) look nicer and classier than their Samsung rivals and have a slot for a memory card.

Mine is running on Android 4.3 so it looks like the Sony boys are honouring their commitment for software upgrades. It had 4.2 when I bought it.

Previously I've had Samsung Galaxy S, S2 and a Note 1. After I switched to Sony I haven't suffered from phone envy, something I did have with the Samsungs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
            So you would have no qualms about NSA drones watching your and your partner enjoying sexual congress then ? Because, obviously, if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear...

Boo
            7 Billion people on this planet so I'll take my chances that they aren't watching me specifically, or even at random.

No, I'm not concerned.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

7 Billion people on this planet so I'll take my chances that they aren't watching me specifically, or even at random.

No, I'm not concerned.
              That was the problem the Stasi had in the GDR, spying on everyone and a population of 16 million to spy on. Needed another 16 million to do the spying. So they spied on each other. Orwell pre-empted that in 1984 with the neighbours kid spying on Winston when he was fixing the sink and probably was the one who dobbed him to Richard Burton.

Comment

No, I'm not concerned.
                An extreme position you would drop in an instant if you thought it was actually happening...

Boo

Comment

I grew up in apartheid South Africa and know what it's like to be watched by police in the anti- movement in the '80s.

I'm still not paranoid and I love the Black Sabbath...

Comment

I think the new Samsung Galaxy S5 is coming out soon (maybe March?), which (according to reports) will see a 'high end' metal-bodied version introduced as well as the normal poly, or whatever, version. So, might be worth hanging on.
                    Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                    X