• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    £5K on a telly? You could have got 10 of these: £550 for an Aussie 4K telly.
    Strewth!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      The screens with no edge are just amazing
      Linky ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
        Linky ?

Boo
        Anything like these.

http://m.samsung.com/us/topic/ultra-slim-bezel-tvs
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well I just splashed out a couple of ton on a soundbar for our perfectly good TV.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd go with a curved OLED TV. The benefit of a truly black pixel is worth it when you watch films.

Unless you have a decent sound system attached you should budget for one. The thinness of these devices mean you cannot get the bass and mid-range needed.

Sonos soundbar and bass bin are very good but £1,200 for the combo.

Comment

Can't see the point of a curvy TV. But yes, why spend £1k+ on a TV if you don't get decent speakers... I've seen recommendations you should budget about 20% of the TV cost on speakers as a guideline.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
                I'd go with a curved OLED TV. The benefit of a truly black pixel is worth it when you watch films.

Unless you have a decent sound system attached you should budget for one. The thinness of these devices mean you cannot get the bass and mid-range needed.

Sonos soundbar and bass bin are very good but £1,200 for the combo.
                I did check out the OLED, and they were very nice too, but more expensive @ 7k, you can even have 2 people watching 2 different things at the same time.

We are very happy with the one we have bought.

We were pleasantly surprised that 65" didn't seem bigger than it was, but when we measured our 40" TV it was actually 47 on the diagonal including the large bezel, bezel is only .5 inches on the new TV.

Downloaded the official Samsung 4K demo material over the weekend and it looks beautiful.
                Last edited by Scrag Meister; 20 January 2014, 08:40.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                X