• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodafone dongle thingie type k3772-z

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone dongle thingie type k3772-z

Wot I bought in the insane idea it might just come in handy if interweb thingie access went totally tits up.

So, it's been registered.

And all it lets me access is the fecking vodaphone site.

There's supposed to be £20 of "free" airtime/1Gb data allowance with the fecking thing.

In a fit of insanity I bought another £10 voucher & entered that number into some box or other but it's made no difference.

Wot the Feck am I doing wrong?

<GAL in "I'm going to service this thing with a mallet soon" mode>

To sum up concisely:

Vodafone Internet Dongles are Crap.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 16 June 2017, 09:41.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Wot the Feck am I doing wrong?
    Expecting competent service from a telecoms company.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Phone the Vodafone helldesk or summit?
      Join IPSE

Comment

Hi, which operating system are you running ? I might be able to help / "phone a friend" that can help.

Laptop/Pc you are using it in would be handy too

Also, have you installed the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software from the K3772? If so what version is it that you have installed?
        Last edited by Bellona; 8 November 2013, 13:12. Reason: forgot to request info
        If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

I can vouch for the "3" one working properly - if you get signal. Dunno about Orange/EE

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            I can vouch for the "3" one working properly - if you get signal. Dunno about Orange/EE
            I too have had good results with a 3G dongle from 3

Anyone reading this is welcome to my old Vodafone one - it is on the bottom of the Thames somewhere near Richmond Lock, it may be a bit muddy by now...

Comment

If its anything like the t-mobile dongle you have to apply the credit to something. So you register, pick the I Want An Internet option, put in your card details. It then takes your money and you have to go back and pick which Internet you want. It's totally counter-intuitive but it does work in the end (fortunately before the mallet of understanding).
              On t-mobile if you want to surf left-handed websites or use a bookmaker, you have to get the parental lock taken off. Assume Vodafone is the same.
              btw, Vodafone have a web chat support thing on their site.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I just bought a 3 MIFI thingie to keep me going until I get broadband installed at the end of the month.

It came with 5Gb first month but before I could use it I had to register / activate it online

I used my phone as a wifi hotspot to register, plugged it in and off it went without a hitch. Cos it's wifi my phone and tablet can connect to it as well as the laptop and when the battery's charged up I don't need it attached to the computer so can place it where I get the best signal.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  If its anything like the t-mobile dongle you have to apply the credit to something. So you register, pick the I Want An Internet option, put in your card details. It then takes your money and you have to go back and pick which Internet you want. It's totally counter-intuitive but it does work in the end (fortunately before the mallet of understanding).
                  On t-mobile if you want to surf left-handed websites or use a bookmaker, you have to get the parental lock taken off. Assume Vodafone is the same.
                  btw, Vodafone have a web chat support thing on their site.
                  That's right. "Credit" is a financial asset with them, you have to convert it to "data allowance" or some such.

I found that out last week by going to a Vodafone shop. Seemingly I have:
                  1. A data allowance.
                  2. Credit on my account, from one topup
                  3. More credit on my account from a later topup.

Only no. 1 lets me connect. When that runs out, no. 2 will be applied to no. 1.
                  No. 3 doesn't show anywhere, but they tell me that if I bought it, it'll be there somewhere.

Are we sure that Mr Kafka is dead?

Comment

Working...
                  X