• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultrabooks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air is the best ultrabook I ever owned or saw.

I went full Apple a few years ago, had macbook air, mac mini. However I found for windows development the keyboard to be annoying so sold them an got a Lenovo T530. It's much heavier and uglier but does the job for dev. However I might go back to Apple by getting a MacBook Pro with windows virtual machine and keyboard. Still have old iMac, iPhone and old iPad.
    Last edited by russell; 23 October 2013, 09:47.

Comment

Forgot to add that with the T400 series lenovos you can remove the optical drive and stick in a SSD (I have 128SSD for OS) and a Crucial 256GB M4 for all my VMs/Dev work. You just need to get the correct caddy (I'm sure most modern lappys can do this)

Also, Crucial have released the M500 series (400 notes on amazonfor the 960GB, but have seen these on eBay for 300)

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I've been looking lately. I've been considering the Samsung Book 9 Pro (although it seems really expensive), The new Levono Yoga 2 (has the same awsome screen as the Samsung), the Sony Via 13 or possibly the X1 carbon

Comment

I hadn't spotted the Yoga 2 Pro. I'd have considered this one if it was available sooner.

I've taken the plunge and ordered the Lenovo X1 carbon touch.

Comment

Bit late now you've ordered, but I'm considering either the Gigabyte P34g or P35k

Comment

Just for the Fanbois amongst us, I bought the Asus mainly because it beat the equivalent Mac Book in a couple of reliably independent reviews... Which is why Asus built it like they did.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Just for the Fanbois amongst us, I bought the Asus mainly because it beat the equivalent Mac Book in a couple of reliably independent reviews... Which is why Asus built it like they did.
                I just wish they changed the brand name, I am sure that would greatly increase sales...

Comment

Working...
                X