• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another crappy Wordpress problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another crappy Wordpress problem

Looking at this for somebody else and blue BUTTON backgrounds are not showing in IE10, leaving white on white. Ok in other browsers or compatibility mode.

None of the online problems are relevant so dived into code and found the style line has no settings for IE10 background. It has this

background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#3056b0 0%,#3056b0);
    background: -o-linear-gradient(top,#3056b0 0%,#3056b0);
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#3056b0),to(#3056b0));

but not:

background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top left, #3056b0 0%, #3056b0 100%);

Can't really manually change WP pages, so are there any settings/updates this person is not applying? Or how do they not apply gradient to a button when it's all one colour anyway? Cheers.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Hard to be sure as gradients are a complete mess of various experimental implementations and things vary hugely across different versions of IE, but as the gradient is from and to the same colour anyway, just rip the lot out and replace with the single line

Code:
    background: #3056b0;
    and it should be fine on everything.

EDIT: I'm using "background" rather than "background-color" because it will set the background colour, but also set all other background-* properties to their default values. It's possible that, if one only uses "background-color", there will have been other background-* properties set to other values elsewhere, which will mess things up. Using "background" makes sure it behaves as it does now, just without all that unnecessary gradient gubbins.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 15 October 2013, 12:35.

Comment

Cheers Nick but I already know that if it's a normal webpage. Unfortunately Wordpress appears to be PHP generated, there is no html file I can modify directly. Where it gets that line from (that single line alone is the size of several decent size webpages!) I don't know without delving into how Wordpress works and I'd rather saw my head off.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 15 October 2013, 15:52.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Cheers Nick but I already know that if it's a normal webpage. Unfortunately Wordpress appears to be PHP generated, there is no html file I can modify directly. Where it gets that line from (that single line alone is the size of several decent size webpages!) I don't know without delving into how Wordpress works and I'd rather saw my head off.
        The styles should still be in static CSS files though. It'll be in wp-content/themes/{name of theme}/styles.css or somewhere similar. The IE developer tools should be able to track it down (F12 to open them).

Comment

Was style directly in page but as there was no normal background: anywhere I could just put that in any css file that was in all pages. Sorted. Cheers again.
          bloggoth

Comment

Working...
          X