• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How hardcore is a typical site for a newly launched Ltd?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hardcore is a typical site for a newly launched Ltd?

I know - how long's a piece of string right? Buuut, a one-man contractor company: Do you have mega-sites like the BBC or really just a place filler and some contact info? Also wondering what people here normally use - wordpress, drupal, ...

Originally posted by bigugly View Post
    I know - how long's a piece of string right? Buuut, a one-man contractor company: Do you have mega-sites like the BBC or really just a place filler and some contact info? Also wondering what people here normally use - wordpress, drupal, ...
    Wordpress site here, all filler, no killer!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have a page that says "come back soon". They stopped coming back after the first couple of years.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My site still exists it the form it did around 2008 when I put it up. Pretty ugly but I don't think it's aged, it was pretty ugly then too.

Plan B has a nicer site but I actually want people to look at that.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Haha, great. I don't have much free time right now so was predicting a place filler or wordpress out-of-the-box for me, but wondered if that'd be a demerit. If it's fairly common I won't panic about competing with facebook.

Comment

Mine's crap - single page knocked up in html. One day I'll do something with it. Maybe.

Comment

Mine is a few pages of content hosted by Google Sites set up in an afternoon a few years ago and hardly touched since. Presented as a 'consultancy' without any pretences to be BigCo. It does get occasional hits, mainly from agencies. I'd really like to move it off Google Sites at some point. I already have a web-server running but so far installing Wordpress or the like has evaded me.

Comment

I have a basic and now a little dated one page site with a blog. The whole thing was done in MVC/C# and was until recently hosted with DiscountASP. I moved the site over to an Azure VM because I get £100 worth of Azure credits free with the Bizspark programme. But I can recommend DiscountASP if your rolling your own.

Over the years I've only had a handful of contacts from the website but that could be because my website ranks low on google. However, when my CV goes out to clients I do notice an increase in traffic. I have all my testimonials on the site, this matters. I've heard from clients that testimonials on your website or linkedin do make a difference when they are choosing a contractor.

Comment

I have a very basic Wordpress site.

I'm going to buy a premium theme to tart it up a bit as Mr C looked at and said that it looked old-fashioned, and he expects all company websites to look like his (he's a non-IT permie).

I imagine agents think like this as well.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by bigugly View Post
                    You don't need a site, just a good CV.

Comment

Working...
                    X