• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How hardcore is a typical site for a newly launched Ltd?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just knocked up some simple HTML with my name and other major points inside <blink> tags. Sadly it seems to have stopped working.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My experience is that, at least among web developers, the cobbler's child goes barefoot: a few very dated blog posts, probably in WordPress, with a self-made theme that more than adequately proves that a web developer is not to be confused with a web designer.

Sometimes the theme has been ripped out and replaced with a single line of CSS to switch the font from Times New Roman (the browser default) to Helvetica, with the most recent blog post being about planning to get a new theme sorted out Real Soon Now. That blog post will be dated sometime in the previous decade. This at least has the virtue of proving that the developer is in such constant demand that they don't have time to waste on their own site

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        My experience is that, at least among web developers, the cobbler's child goes barefoot: a few very dated blog posts, probably in WordPress, with a self-made theme that more than adequately proves that a web developer is not to be confused with a web designer.

Sometimes the theme has been ripped out and replaced with a single line of CSS to switch the font from Times New Roman (the browser default) to Helvetica, with the most recent blog post being about planning to get a new theme sorted out Real Soon Now. That blog post will be dated sometime in the previous decade. This at least has the virtue of proving that the developer is in such constant demand that they don't have time to waste on their own site
        And probably some waffle about foxes on there too!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          And probably some waffle about foxes on there too!
          Yes, having the most recent post be about something completely unrelated to one's professional activities is also good

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I just knocked up some simple HTML with my name and other major points inside <blink> tags. Sadly it seems to have stopped working.
            <blink> is dead: Mozilla devs plotting to put a stake in <blink> tag

Related bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=857820

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I like that thinking. And the foxes!

Comment

I just manually cobbled up sth W3C compliant that looks and works ok, nothing too fancy, in my view this should be the equivalent of a business card.
                I get hits on my portfolio and clients looking for details like vat number.

Comment

Working...
                X