• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel Help with a simple 'IF' function

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel Help with a simple 'IF' function

I have a column that may contain data. If is does, the data will be in the format 29/09/2013 16:00:43

In another colums, I simply want to put a '1' in the cell if the first cell contains data.

It's not necessary but it would be nice if I could only insert the '1' if the month was '09'

Any excel boffins out there?

=if (month (A1)=9, 1, 0)

And then copy down to the rest should do it.

Comment

Assuming the date is in column A, starting with A1:

Code:
      =IF(MONTH(A1)=9,1,"")
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Thanks chaps.

If I only want to do this if the value of another cell (say B1)=UK, how do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by hiram king of tyre View Post
          thanks chaps.

If i only want to do this if the value of another cell (say b1)=uk, how do i do that?
          Code:
          =if(b1="UK",if(month(a1)=9,1,""),"")
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X