• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISP recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are ISP's that do monthly contracts they don't all insist on yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
      There are ISP's that do monthly contracts they don't all insist on yearly.
      For FTTC? Please list them:

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Broadband Internet, Phone Lines, VoIP & Hosting | Vivaciti

Comment

The Fibre packages are all 12 month contracts as far as I can see (their website is quite confusing, IMHO but every one I've checked is 12 months) the non-fibre ones are monthly, like Zen et al.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
            One thing to consider when switching ISPs now is the likes of BT/Sky/Virgin won't let you switch without also switching your landline too. For example, although it might look like you're getting a better deal on the face of it with say BT over Sky, when you factor in landline rental and calls you might find Sky much cheaper.
            Thanks - good point - although Zen's cheaper than BT for line rental, the calls are expensive.

Comment

As A tech, I can say they are all as bad as each other however there are the odd one that is better than the other but they are all under the "Good" rating. I'm yet to ever deal with an excellent ISP. The biggest problem with ISP's is the support. Plusnet is one of the better ones out there imo

Comment

Thanks to all - I have dropped Zen a line to see if they can offer me anything, if not it's off to plusnet for me.

Comment

Result! got my download limit upped to enough to take care of Netflix, iPlayer etc at no extra cost (well a few pence a month) and no need to change ISP.

Did I mention I am giving up my TV licence? Stopping watching live broadcasts so no need for telly licence any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Result! got my download limit upped to enough to take care of Netflix, iPlayer etc at no extra cost (well a few pence a month) and no need to change ISP.

Did I mention I am giving up my TV licence? Stopping watching live broadcasts so no need for telly licence any more.
                    TV Licensing - Check if you need a TV Licence

This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.
                    I don't think that'll wash for much longer, especially with iPlayer.
                    Last edited by GazCol; 26 September 2013, 10:50.

Comment

Originally posted by GazCol View Post
                      TV Licensing - Check if you need a TV Licence

I don't think that'll wash for much longer, especially with iPlayer.
                      You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands.
                      From the right hand side of your link.

The law is clear, the BBC just wished it reflected current reality and technology rather than old technical limitations....

But if the BBC wished to prove a point they could probably get a judge to agree that a computer able to run flash with an internet connection = need to have TV licence...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X