• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple launches new iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Just waiting for the pictures of the queues in Covent Garden that look more like Londonistan.
    or London-Aviv.

Comment

Just noticed the crappy old motorola es400 in my drawer has a fingerprint scanner.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

My crappy HP laptop that I bought in an emergency when my gf toasted the last one on holiday has finger print login

It's unreliable and no quicker than typing the password in, unless you normally have a 30 digit password
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Finger print scanner?

Laptops had then 10 years ago.

Does this mean muggers now will streal your iPhone and then cut your fingers off?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Finger print scanner?

Does this mean muggers now will streal your iPhone and then cut your fingers off?

No because the finger print sensor has to detect a pulse first before reading.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Finger print scanner?

no point. Find my iphone can render a nicked phone totally worthless...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                no point. Find my iphone can render a nicked phone totally worthless...
                Does it ?
                I thought Find my iphone gave you the option to lock it or wipe it. So basically means the person who has it cannot get access to your details.
                But there's nothing to stop them from plugging it into their own pc and setting it up as a new phone.

Or does it actually 100% disable the thing forever ?
                Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
                  Does it ?
                  I thought Find my iphone gave you the option to lock it or wipe it. So basically means the person who has it cannot get access to your details.
                  But there's nothing to stop them from plugging it into their own pc and setting it up as a new phone.

Or does it actually 100% disable the thing forever ?
                  Dead.
                  Yes as part of ios7's Activation lock. See Apple (United Kingdom)
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Yes as part of ios7's Activation lock. See Apple (United Kingdom)
                    With iOS 7, Find My iPhone can continue to display your custom message, even after your device has been erased. And if you do retrieve your device, you can restore it from your iCloud backup

Very interesting! Thank you!

Comment

Yep, it's quite good because until now, blocking a phone has been down to the networks so stolen phones just get sold abroad where they're not blocked. But this way the phone itself is locked, which is how this should work really.

Comment

Working...
                      X