• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bluetooth Mouse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Mouse

My laptop mouse is nearing its end days and since my new laptop has Bluetooth I was thinking about getting a bluetooth mouse.
    Anyone got any recommendations or experience with them? The range (on amazon) looks a bit limited and the reviews are not as strongly positive as for the regular dongle mouse.
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    My laptop mouse is nearing its end days and since my new laptop has Bluetooth I was thinking about getting a bluetooth mouse.
    Anyone got any recommendations or experience with them? The range (on amazon) looks a bit limited and the reviews are not as strongly positive as for the regular dongle mouse.
    Why Bluetooth?

I have the Microsoft Arc mouse and its very good once you get the feel of it, and the transmitter is so small now a days I leave it connected all the time
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Why Bluetooth?

I have the Microsoft Arc mouse and its very good once you get the feel of it, and the transmitter is so small now a days I leave it connected all the time
      I have a microsoft wireless mouse at the moment with the nano dongle but it still sticks out and annoyingly catches on the laptop bag.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

On my laptop I have a Dell BT travel mouse. Small and works just fine and even with my big hands it is comfortable.

At home I have a Logitech M570 trackball.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Ordered one of these last night:
          Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have the Logitech M525 which I bought recently in preference to the MS mouse. I'm delighted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              I have the Logitech M525 which I bought recently in preference to the MS mouse. I'm delighted with it.
              That one is wireless not bluetooth.

I've had problems with Logitech mice in the past, generally the drivers seem to go haywire and start behaving erratically.

MS mice on the other hand have all been fine although my current one has been bashed around in my bag a bit too much and it close to dying hence the change.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

That one is wireless not bluetooth
                True. This underlines how useless my reply was since you've already ordered one anyway.

I've had problems with Logitech mice in the past, generally the drivers seem to go haywire and start behaving erratically.
                Oh I've not seen that recently but I use the standard windows drivers not special Logitech ones. But many years agom yes I agree.

MS mice on the other hand have all been fine
                I agree that MS is a good choice. Recently I've felt that Logitech have the ergonomic edge.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your BT mouse. Nice idea to avoid the (even nano) dongle.

EDIT: although the number and nature of 1-Star reviews would have stopped me purchasing.
                Last edited by Platypus; 16 May 2013, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  I'd be interested to hear how you get on with your BT mouse. Nice idea to avoid the (even nano) dongle.
                  Mouse turned up yesterday.

It works perfectly. Paired it without any fuss and it's automatically reconnected after restarts and sleeping. The drivers installed automatically so the extra button is mapped to the back button on the browser.
                  The mouse has its own off switch which is nice
                  The Laser is the invisible type
                  In terms of performance it is no different from a regular wireless mouse

The only downside is that it is a bit on the small size. This is definitely a portable laptop mouse. If you don't like using a small mouse then think twice

Here is picture of my old "nano" dongle sticking out of the side of my laptop.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2010.52.05.jpg
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Its going back! Mouse was too small for me. Wrist was in pain after only 2 hours and it still hurts now!

ordered one of these which should be here today:Targus Bluetooth Comfort Laser Mouse: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Its a full size BT mouse
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X