• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC One or Galaxy S4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC One or Galaxy S4

Well is new phone time again, had my Galaxy S2 for the last 2 years and been very happy with it, showing its age now and has been dropped one too many times by my daughter so time for an upgrade IMO. I always thought I would just get a Galaxy S4 but having seeing the circus around the release never mind the look and feel of the handset (cheap plastic) am leaning towards the new HTC One (build quiality looks very good) which looks very nice.

Anyone bought a HTC yet? waiting for the S4?

The jump from S2 to S3 is quite marked, especially in battery life. Although the One X or whatever it's called looks flash, it won't be as good as the S4 but in 2 months there'll be a better Android device on the market.

If you're looking for cheap then a Nexus 4 wouldn't go a miss and change to a sim only plan.
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Nexus 4, all day.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Well Samsung has all the hype and I expect the HTC will sit in the wings, just as good and cheaper but forgotten because of people following the crowd.

If you want to be with the in crowd get the Samsung. If you can see through the hype get an HTC and have a couple of beers with money you saved IMO. Take away the stupid gadgets you will never use and they will be exactly the same.

Saw a great line in a review between the HTC One X and S3 that went something along the lines of 'I am a man that would be happy with a Mondeo being given the choice between a Ferrari or McLaren F1 car.' I thought that that was a great summary. The reviews have microscoped pictures of how the pixels are laid out on the screen to find a difference... like we can tell.

I am sure whichever you buy you will love when you have owned it for a bit.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Nexus 4, all day.
          +1

I bought mine direct from Google and then moved to a SIM only contract for 12 months with T-mobile. Even after paying for the phone, that saves over £100 in the first year.

Plus I love the phone.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Nexus 4, all day.
            +2

You can't beat pure Android and coupled with a cheap SIM only deal it makes financial sense especially when you can sell it 6 months down the line (with little loss) and get whatever google offers next.

I'm never getting tied into a contract again.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Not sure if it was this particular tech release or not but I seem to recall the HTC not having a memory card slot, or a removable battery.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nexus 4, all day.
                +3

I looked at the HTC One then bought the Nexus 4 at little more than half the price of the HTC One, I buy sim free as I have a sim only contract.

With some tasker profiles I can get 3 days to a charge which is the best I've ever had from a smartphone.

Comment

Nexus 4, all day.
                  This! Had it for 2 weeks now and much better than any iPhone, Samsung and definitely a lot better than HTC (which is still keep as a backup smartphone)

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    +1

I bought mine direct from Google and then moved to a SIM only contract for 12 months with T-mobile. Even after paying for the phone, that saves over £100 in the first year.

Plus I love the phone.
                    Did similar, bought the 16gig version and a sim from giffgaff. £5 gets me 60 minutes and unlimited text (I think). Best is, every time a non giffgaff number phones me, I get the same number of minutes added to my plan.

I'm on bt inf 2 with free unlimited wifi so get free access to all bt wifi hotspots. What more do you need?
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X