• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC One or Galaxy S4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Shameful bump, I know.

Looking for a cheap(ish) android for foreign sim usage but I want one decent enough that I can play/browse etc without it winding me up.

Soooo, Assume a budget of about £200, would you go for an S3 or Nex 4 since they are about the same price. Sim free obv.

TIA
    I think the choice will be personal. Trying to pick them apart on tech and specs will be splitting hairs. Nexus 4 doesn't have a micro SD I don't believe which killed it dead for me. I have the S3 and it's the dogs danglies.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Samsung Note 3 coming 4th September. Allegedly.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I think the choice will be personal.
        I love my Nexus 4 - haven't really noticed a problem of there not being a micro SD card. I thought it would, but I don't have much that I store on the phone anyway.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I plumped for the S4 in the end, great phone. Also got a deal and went with EE (free handset, 1000 mins/texts + 2GB data for £30 a month), 4G is very nice and fast :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I love my Nexus 4 - haven't really noticed a problem of there not being a micro SD card. I thought it would, but I don't have much that I store on the phone anyway.
            Nexus 4 is down to £159 now!
            https://play.google.com/store/device...id=nexus_4_8gb
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              That's because the old price difference made it a no-brainer to get the 16GB model.

£159 is incredibly tempting, even just as an emergency spare to have around
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

That's because the old price difference made it a no-brainer to get the 16GB model.

£159 is incredibly tempting, even just as an emergency spare to have around
                £159 version is sold out.

According to American rumor (sic), there won't be any more 8GB versions of the Nexus 4 again - wording has changed from being "out of stock" to "out of inventory".

With Google announcing the new version of Android today, looks like the Nexus 5 won't be far behind.

The 16GB is down to £199 from £279.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Samsung Note 3 due to be available around 26th September, following launch event on Wednesday last.

I can't upgrade til November, so should know more from hands-on experiences by then.

Also coming are Zony Xperia Z Ultra and HTC One Max. if you like something around the 6 inch mark.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

£159 version is sold out.

According to American rumor (sic), there won't be any more 8GB versions of the Nexus 4 again - wording has changed from being "out of stock" to "out of inventory".

With Google announcing the new version of Android today, looks like the Nexus 5 won't be far behind.

The 16GB is down to £199 from £279.
                    Mines finally turned up today, going to a sim only contract is going to halve my phone bill

16GB ought to be enough anyway
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

the LG G2 comes out soon (in the UK) it looks like a powerhouse and will be my next phone. The awesomeness is due to a 5.2 in screen but the device has the same footprint as the G4, it has optical image stabalisation and the fastest android processor... it looks GOOD!

Comment

Working...
                      X