• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HP Touchpad Sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Touchpad Sale

Anyone managed to get one of these yet at the sale price (£89 for 16GB, £115 for 32GB)???
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Anyone managed to get one of these yet at the sale price (£89 for 16GB, £115 for 32GB)???
    Erm, nope.

It ain't an iPad and it ain't running Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      It ain't an iPad and it ain't running Android.
      WHS

If they had Android running on it then they would have sold all remaining stock at half price.

Tried yesterday Samsung 10.1'' tab and it's pretty good - certainly worthy challenger to iPad.

It had "Banned" label on it, but that never stopped me before...

Comment

£90 sounds a decent price even if it just gets used as a 'bog browser' or something for the kids to destroy in six months. What's the catch?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          What's the catch?
          They run raw 0.9 version of OS and discontinued, when the damn thing hangs next time you might not be able to get it up and running again.

Comment

Tried but was unsuccessful.

Only available for store collection and not home delivery.

However, none of my local stores had any stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Tried but was unsuccessful.

Only available for store collection and not home delivery.

However, none of my local stores had any stock.
              Same here. I smell a marketing stunt.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Same here. I smell a marketing stunt.
                Nah - just a poorly managed sale, as usual, by DSG.

The sale started at 6pm.

Prior to that, DSG confirmed that if you had bought the tablet for full price in the last few days, they would refund the extra you had paid.

So, what did people do before the 6pm sale start time?

Bought the tablets at full price with the aim of getting a refund for the difference in a few days.

Well done DSG!

Comment

Just say "no", practice restraint:

The TouchPad was worthless when it was fully supported. So it's beyond worthless now

Comment

The sale has all gone a bit poo for HP:

HP's TouchPad fire sale: The fallout
                    Last edited by Sysman; 23 August 2011, 09:31. Reason: typo
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X