• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HP Touchpad Sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why are so many people desperate to by the 21st century betamax?
    Because if all you want to do is browse the web on a fondlepad its a very good deal.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why are so many people desperate to by the 21st century betamax?

Because Apple have been good at marketing their iTurd.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Because Apple have been good at marketing their iTurd.
        I would go one more and say excellent if they can sell out the Touchpad. HP should be sending Apple a cheque.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably would have bought one if I had known but I'm pretty happy with my 100 quid android tablet, gets the job done and will not be crying if it gets dropped.

Comment

Managed to order the 32Gb one this morning for £115. If it can act as a basic bog browser, email client and can take music and movies for the kid then I think it's a bargain. I'm sure someone will work out a way to convert it to Android in due course.

iPad may have 400,000 apps but around 399,900 are a load of old sh1te.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Have not actually bought a ?ipad - Still cannot fathom a reason why I might either. Yet Mr Jobs has managed to convince the world we all need one regardless of flavour.

Even if you're anti apple why has everyone all of a sudden need one?

Regardless of what apple makes you have to hand it to them they make markets where they did not exist before.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Have not actually bought a ?ipad - Still cannot fathom a reason why I might either. Yet Mr Jobs has managed to convince the world we all need one regardless of flavour.

Even if you're anti apple why has everyone all of a sudden need one?

Regardless of what apple makes you have to hand it to them they make markets where they did not exist before.
                In my case for documentation and books. Its far easier to carry 1 ipad than 100 books.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  In my case for documentation and books. Its far easier to carry 1 ipad than 100 books.

An e-ink device might be a better proposition. Battery life measured in weeks as it only uses power to change pages. Supposedly a more natural paper like display, so easier on the eyes.

If only they would hurry up and mature the technology so the screen was in colour, had a quicker refresh rate so could do video, and could display a magazine full page.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

An e-ink device might be a better proposition. Battery life measured in weeks as it only uses power to change pages. Supposedly a more natural paper like display, so easier on the eyes.

If only they would hurry up and mature the technology so the screen was in colour, had a quicker refresh rate so could do video, and could display a magazine full page.
                    I also have a kindle as I found I couldn't read fiction books on the ipad. I did try just found it very, very annoying. For PDF documents the ipad with the bigger screen is far far better.

For reading plain books the kindle wins hands down. As Amazon have started to offer refurbs for £80 (the one I got was actual brand new and unused) and I can justify that as I'll cover the cost before 10 it was a very simple decision. Shame that it looks like the next contract is a drive rather than a train ride.

Edit to say I've not tried the kindle dx or whatever its called but the standard kindle screen just feels too small for reading documentation on plus the kindle, ipad and vaio z series still weigh less than an 15" macbook pro.
                    Last edited by eek; 24 August 2011, 07:53.

Comment

So an iPad with enhanced battery life?

Comment

Working...
                      X