• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone calendar sync

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone calendar sync

Just taken delivery of a new iPhone 4 (guess it will be old when 5 comes out, but I'm trying to keep it shiny looking for the wife till then!).

Al going well, except for an issue with the calendar & ics invitations. So, I'm wondering how the informed people here sync their calendars?

I have a gmail account, which I configured using the iPhone exchange account trick to sync contacts & calendars to my iPhone.
    I also have a work email account configured (IMAP).
    When someone sends me a meeting invitation (to work email), it has an ics attachment on the email. I can open this and then 'Add to calendar'.

What this seems to do is then send out another email to all the invitees with a new invitation, but from my gmail account. I guess because it gets added to my gmail calendar and this then triggers an email.

Any idea how to stop it doing this? Or a better way to keep calendars in sync?

I use Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help to sync my outlook with my gmail account, which is on my iPhone. If you go down the Jailbreak root I also have Lock Screen Calendar so appoints appear on my locked screen
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I use something similar, gsyncit, to sync outlook calendar\contacts with gmail. This works fine.
      It's the gmail -> iphone bit I think I need to improve on.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
        I use something similar, gsyncit, to sync outlook calendar\contacts with gmail. This works fine.
        It's the gmail -> iphone bit I think I need to improve on.
        I assume as your work email on your iPhone is using the one exchange profile allowed, even so I have never had a problem getting from gmail to my iphone
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I assume as your work email on your iPhone is using the one exchange profile allowed, even so I have never had a problem getting from gmail to my iphone
          No, gmail (sync) is using the one exchange profile. Work email is using a standard IMAP account.

Comment

Working...
          X