+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Super poster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default iTunes transactions - any way to cancel?

Hey all

Is there any way to get iTunes purchases cancelled? My kids have spent money on my account for my reallllllly shiittty "in-game" purchases and I need to get this reversed - we're talking about 60 odd here!

By the way I have googled and checked iTunes and there is NO WAY because when you click "report a problem" it just brings up a generic itunes support page. I'm not surprised, after all Apple have a cornered market and have no reason to make it easy for consumers. But I'm hoping somewhere here has had the better of them.

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Hey all

Is there any way to get iTunes purchases cancelled? My kids have spent money on my account for my reallllllly shiittty "in-game" purchases and I need to get this reversed - we're talking about 60 odd here!

By the way I have googled and checked iTunes and there is NO WAY because when you click "report a problem" it just brings up a generic itunes support page. I'm not surprised, after all Apple have a cornered market and have no reason to make it easy for consumers. But I'm hoping somewhere here has had the better of them.

I've had several tracks refunded, not a problem. I'm guessing you've never clicked on the help button on top of your screen?

Another option, send an e-mail to: musicstore_mac_uk@apple.com
    Originally Posted by sasguru on September 10th 2013 @ 11:04:

My social skills are fine.

Super poster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I've had several tracks refunded, not a problem. I'm guessing you've never clicked on the help button on top of your screen?

Another option, send an e-mail to: musicstore_mac_uk@apple.com
    Thanks, I've just sent an email; the costs in my case are for "in-game" (read: "uncontrolled rip off") orders so the email address might not be relevant, but I'm trying every avenue.

There is no Help button on the top of my iTunes screen, but I have emailed them through their "award-winning" (i.e. tulipe) wesbite.

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Thanks, I've just sent an email; the costs in my case are for "in-game" (read: "uncontrolled rip off") orders so the email address might not be relevant, but I'm trying every avenue.
    In-app purchases will only work without prompting for the iTunes account password if the password has already been used to make a purchase on the device in the last fifteen minutes. If you want to prevent in-app purchases from being made unless an additional password is entered, turn on the appropriate Restriction as described at support.apple.com.

Good luck getting the money back - 60's a lot for stuff that only exists in a virtual world!

+ Reply to Thread