• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iTunes transactions - any way to cancel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes transactions - any way to cancel?

Hey all

Is there any way to get iTunes purchases cancelled? My kids have spent money on my account for my reallllllly shiittty "in-game" purchases and I need to get this reversed - we're talking about £60 odd here!

By the way I have googled and checked iTunes and there is NO WAY because when you click "report a problem" it just brings up a generic itunes support page. I'm not surprised, after all Apple have a cornered market and have no reason to make it easy for consumers. But I'm hoping somewhere here has had the better of them.

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Hey all

Is there any way to get iTunes purchases cancelled? My kids have spent money on my account for my reallllllly shiittty "in-game" purchases and I need to get this reversed - we're talking about £60 odd here!

By the way I have googled and checked iTunes and there is NO WAY because when you click "report a problem" it just brings up a generic itunes support page. I'm not surprised, after all Apple have a cornered market and have no reason to make it easy for consumers. But I'm hoping somewhere here has had the better of them.

I've had several tracks refunded, not a problem. I'm guessing you've never clicked on the help button on top of your screen?

Another option, send an e-mail to: [email protected]
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I've had several tracks refunded, not a problem. I'm guessing you've never clicked on the help button on top of your screen?

Another option, send an e-mail to: [email protected]
      Thanks, I've just sent an email; the costs in my case are for "in-game" (read: "uncontrolled rip off") orders so the email address might not be relevant, but I'm trying every avenue.

There is no Help button on the top of my iTunes screen, but I have emailed them through their "award-winning" (i.e. tulipe) wesbite.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Thanks, I've just sent an email; the costs in my case are for "in-game" (read: "uncontrolled rip off") orders so the email address might not be relevant, but I'm trying every avenue.
        In-app purchases will only work without prompting for the iTunes account password if the password has already been used to make a purchase on the device in the last fifteen minutes. If you want to prevent in-app purchases from being made unless an additional password is entered, turn on the appropriate Restriction as described at support.apple.com.

Good luck getting the money back - £60's a lot for stuff that only exists in a virtual world!

Comment

Working...
        X