• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipad 2??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipad 2??

I already have an Iphone 4 and a crappy laptop but I think the Ipad 2 is fab!!

Would anyone recommend it as a replacement laptop, do I need one even though I have the phone?

What about its competitors eg. Blackberry Playbook, Samsung thingymagig!?

I am thinking of splashing out at the end of the month and need advice!

Hi Mike,

I have been using an Ipad 2 for the last month, and wouldn't recommend it as a laptop replacement.

But, it is an excellent device for using on long flights train journeys etc. I have all of my OU course notes on it, along with the Times and Sunday Times Apps, and use it for 2 - 3 hours a day.

By the way, do you or do you have a relation who has worked for Vodafone?
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeNguyen View Post
      I already have an Iphone 4 and a crappy laptop but I think the Ipad 2 is fab!!

Would anyone recommend it as a replacement laptop, do I need one even though I have the phone?

What about its competitors eg. Blackberry Playbook, Samsung thingymagig!?

I am thinking of splashing out at the end of the month and need advice!
      Its a cracking tool for viewing reading and watching especially if your very mobile however i think its not currently a productive/creative tool in a corporate environment so not a laptop replacment currently but maybe further down the line

Comment

Like others will tell you, a tablet is an excellent 3rd device and meant mostly for entertainment, i.e. media consumption.
        Using iPad for input is stupid, get an ultraportable laptop for that (Macbook Air or Sony Vaio) and you will struggle for no good reason.
        If you already have a laptop and a smartphone and some gaps in your schedule where you think you'd be using it, go ahead.

iPad has the most polished experience and has sth like 95% tablet market penetration.
        If you want to go against the grain, go ahead and choose sth else, I wouldn't have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
          Hi Mike,

I have been using an Ipad 2 for the last month, and wouldn't recommend it as a laptop replacement.

But, it is an excellent device for using on long flights train journeys etc. I have all of my OU course notes on it, along with the Times and Sunday Times Apps, and use it for 2 - 3 hours a day.

By the way, do you or do you have a relation who has worked for Vodafone?
          Sorry I dont have anyone in mind and I havent worked for Vodafone either.

I just read a survey online, it said 70% of ipad users using them for games. xD. I just stop the idea of buying one, I think I'll wait until they introduce something more use of the ipad. But in fact, I do think tablet will replace laptop, but not at the moment.

Comment

How is lack of Flash not more of an issue on a device mainly used for web-browsing and content viewing?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              How is lack of Flash not more of an issue on a device mainly used for web-browsing and content viewing?
              I dont think it is any problem at all i guess. unless you want to take photos in low light. I found it really hilarious when I saw someone hold an ipad and taking photos with it.

Comment

whoosh.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MikeNguyen View Post
                  I dont think it is any problem at all i guess. unless you want to take photos in low light. I found it really hilarious when I saw someone hold an ipad and taking photos with it.
                  POTD

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I've used iOS in various forms for years and can honestly say the lack of Flash has NEVER been something i've noticed. Its getting less and less important too as HTML5 seems to be gathering momentum properly now.

More annoying is that 'Verified by Visa' thing doesn't seem to work on the iPad, couple of times i've had to buy things on the PC instead as the ruddy form wont load.

Comment

Working...
                    X