• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USB cable with two connectors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone else suffer from the same problem as me.... The USB plug is ALWAYS upside down when you try to plug it in....

Drives me mad, everytime
    I know what you mean.

I wish the USB logo on the plugs was either had a braille type profile or was a different colour so you could easily see which is the correct way up.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
      Just out of curiosity, does anyone else suffer from the same problem as me.... The USB plug is ALWAYS upside down when you try to plug it in....

Drives me mad, everytime
      For me the USB plug will only go in once I've turned it 180 degrees and then back to the original position again.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        For me the USB plug will only go in once I've turned it 180 degrees and then back to the original position again.
        I've had that as well.

If I can I look into the socket to see which side has the plastic bit.

This doesn't work for sockets buried around the back of my PC which are obscured by all the other cables.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Why not bung an extension on em? My office desk has bits of wire sticking out everywhere connected to all sorts of things. USB extensions, telephone, line in, amps, power for various things. Trouble is I never know which is which.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            I know what you mean.

I wish the USB logo on the plugs was either had a braille type profile or was a different colour so you could easily see which is the correct way up.
            The Apple ones do have a little symbol on one side so you can tell which way up they should be.
            Last edited by Sysman; 8 July 2011, 16:32. Reason: replied to wrong post

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Why not bung an extension on em? My office desk has bits of wire sticking out everywhere connected to all sorts of things. USB extensions, telephone, line in, amps, power for various things. Trouble is I never know which is which.
              We had an electrical checkup a few years ago as part of the building insurance, so I carefully unravelled all my cabling and labelled it in preparation.

Within no more than 6 months it was a tangled mess, even the stuff at the side of my desk which I can't kick accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                The Apple ones do have a little symbol on one side so you can tell which way up they should be.
                most usb cables have a little usb symbol on the top side
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

SCART leads used to drive me potty too. They were too chunky and cumbersome to easy rotate, and they're always in mind fumblingly difficult places to reach. Pah! Those HDMIs are too similar to USBs. Pah Pah!!

Comment

Working...
                  X