• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Microsoft" Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Microsoft" Time

Does anyone understand "Microsoft" time?

Exactly 24 hours ago I had a script which estimated to finish in 21 hours time, its now still showing 16 hours remaining.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Does anyone understand "Microsoft" time?

Exactly 24 hours ago I had a script which estimated to finish in 21 hours time, its now still showing 16 hours remaining.

It's always an estimate based on current disk read/write speeds and processor performance. If anything else comes along and starts consuming those resources then the estimate will need to be changed!

What is it you're trying to do exactly?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      It's always an estimate based on current disk read/write speeds and processor performance. If anything else comes along and starts consuming those resources then the estimate will need to be changed!

What is it you're trying to do exactly?
      Running a data migration script, it is a chuffing great big database on a tulip test machine. In production it took 3.5 hours, so far its on 39 hours
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Running a data migration script, it is a chuffing great big database on a tulip test machine. In production it took 3.5 hours, so far its on 39 hours
        define chuffing big... I've seen scripts that take a long time before, once I get hold of them they learn to behave and load in minutes not hours
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          define chuffing big... I've seen scripts that take a long time before, once I get hold of them they learn to behave and load in minutes not hours
          WHS. Better look through the script and perform a surgery on the unnecessary for loops and cursors etc.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Obligatory xkcd reference:

Comment

Acronis TruImage always estimates the backup as taking 49,170 days. Microsoft aren't the worst.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X