• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MSDN - Startup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSDN - Startup

hi Im new to contracting. I have a contract lined up and need MSDN subscription so I could install Visual studio software. I heard BizSpark give you MSDN subscription for free if you are a startup?

Has anyone else got this BizSpark? And has MSDN subscription.

Yep... I got it when BizSpark first started. Although I gather they've tightened up on the rules since they were very specific on the fact that you had to be creating an SaaS (Software as a Service) type of product with the subscription. You can get it for up to a period of 3 years (which you have to renew annually) at the end of which you have to pay either $100 or £100 (can't remember off the top of my head).

Comment

I got it too. Just come up with an idea for some software you'd like to write for an industry you know something about so it sounds convincing.

It wasnt a fast process, think it took me a month to get my logon.

Comment

Bizspark is a fantastic program, but is beyond just giving you Visual Studio. It gives you production licenses for Windows Server, SQL, etc etc.

It's for startup companies with a new business.

What you want is the websitespark, it gives you licenses for Visual studio and expression and everything. And is easy to get as it's for people literally like us...

WebsiteSpark - Home

Comment

Working...
        X