• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Samsung Galaxy S II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to get this phone but went for the Motorola Atrix instead. So far I'm pretty impressed. I have setup the media dock and have the external keyboard and mouse but doubt I'll bother with the laptop dock though
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Hows the phone now after a few weeks?

I have one due to arrive today.

Can you explain about the memory please as I have ordered a 16Gb MicroSD card to go in it. Is the memory slot already occupied?

Edit. My wife and I spent a large amount of time last night fiddling with our new phones, getting a USB connection is a nightmare (CDC Serial driver? Anyone?), Kies is quite clever but not intuitive, no addresses in the contacts, not sure if I am missing something. Like the unit but so far not really enjoying it. Early days I know.

As OP said the memory is configured peculiarly, System, USB and SD sections.

Edit 2 Addresses are only shown if an address has been entered against a contact.

Edit 3 Its growing on me, as find I find ways to do the tasks I want to.

Anyone else got one recently?
      Sorry I didn't respond. I've been relatively occupied since walking out on the contract. I've sent a PM to you. The main gripe I have is that the firmware has to be done viat the KIES application and not over the air.

I hadn't had any problems with the drivers, but you need to install the KIES application first to install the drivers. From what I can gather from the memory, it is separated into 2 parts. 1 for the internal memory to install the applications, and the other is for storage. The SDHC slot is free to add more memory in, but I think you have figured that one out. :-)
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        I was going to get this phone but went for the Motorola Atrix instead. So far I'm pretty impressed. I have setup the media dock and have the external keyboard and mouse but doubt I'll bother with the laptop dock though
        I am looking at the Atrix, just gonna hold off until after the WWDC to see if the iPhone 5 is anything special or not.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I am looking at the Atrix, just gonna hold off until after the WWDC to see if the iPhone 5 is anything special or not.
          So I hear the iPhone 5 was a no show at the WWDC.

I'm now considering one of these Samsung Galaxy S2's, but am worried that it will be physically 'huge'.

There are also rumours that a new 'mini' version of the S2 is about to be released, so I don't really know whether to wait and see, or just take the plunge. My contract period has now lapsed, so I'm effectively giving free money to Vodafone.

Are those with the S2 generally happy with their purchases?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            So I hear the iPhone 5 was a no show at the WWDC.

I'm now considering one of these Samsung Galaxy S2's, but am worried that it will be physically 'huge'.

There are also rumours that a new 'mini' version of the S2 is about to be released, so I don't really know whether to wait and see, or just take the plunge. My contract period has now lapsed, so I'm effectively giving free money to Vodafone.

Are those with the S2 generally happy with their purchases?
            I've read every review of the Atrix, but I still went down to an Orange store and got them to give me one to play with so I know how it feels in my hand. The S2 also has a 4.3" screen so unless you have freakish girl like hands you should be fine
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Slightly bigger yes, but not so huge as to be cumbersome.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I do not have a Galaxy S2, I have a Galaxy S that I have had about 1 year. It is excellent but I do find that every release of the Android OS introduces an annoying bug after fixing the bugs in the previous release.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I have an HTC desire, was ok at first but the battery is hopeless. Will wait for iPhone 5, is it coming out this year?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    I have an HTC desire, was ok at first but the battery is hopeless. Will wait for iPhone 5, is it coming out this year?
                    Probably not, Q1 next year most likely. If we see anything phone related this year it will be 'iPhone 4S'. Whatever it is, bank on it being announced as the "one more thing" in SJ's keynote at WWDC.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Probably not, Q1 next year most likely. If we see anything phone related this year it will be 'iPhone 4S'. Whatever it is, bank on it being announced as the "one more thing" in SJ's keynote at WWDC.
                      You mean the keynote on Monday where the "one more thing" was iTunes Match.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X