• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keyboards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

Cherry were good as well.
    Yes, some years ago Cherry certainly had the name for tip-top quality light-touch mechanical key business keyboards, instead of the clackety rubbish one typically finds today.

I think they're still around too, but it'll take me too long to check (see my post about being capped - I'm currently running at modem speed )
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 29 August 2010, 14:24.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Well, I now have a Filco Majestouch 2 with the brown (not clicky) Cherry MX switches in. I type faster, primarily because I make less mistakes when using it. It is still pretty loud compared to the crappy MS one I was using before, especially when you get going as the keys bottom out pretty easily.

£120 well spent I reckon.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You want one of these babies...

Datamancer.net - Technical Art and Steampunk Contraptions

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You want one of these babies...
          Nice, but I don't think it would fit with my decor. I'm tempted by one of these:

Optimus Maximus keyboard
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Nice, but I don't think it would fit with my decor. I'm tempted by one of these:

Optimus Maximus keyboard
            Doodab, never had you down as a philistine!!

That keyboard is clever but looks more like a wetdream for a warcraft nerd rather than a functional day to day keyboard. Keys look like something from a DIY kit years ago, apart from the individual display.

Maybe it is me that is the philistine lol
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Doodab, never had you down as a philistine!!

That keyboard is clever but looks more like a wetdream for a warcraft nerd rather than a functional day to day keyboard. Keys look like something from a DIY kit years ago, apart from the individual display.

Maybe it is me that is the philistine lol
              Yes, I do wonder how much use it would actually be in practice. I think it would be handy when switching languages and in programs that have a lot of obscure keyboard shortcuts although like most people I learn the useful ones and forget the others. If it was only £200 I'd probably buy one to find out but not at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I know the ones you mean, the first proper PC I owned was an IBM PS/2. They are nice. Not sure how practical it is to get working with USB though.
                ps2 to usb convertor - Google Search

These have been around for donkeys and cost a quid

Comment

Originally posted by StopTheEarthIwantToGetOff View Post
                  ps2 to usb convertor - Google Search

These have been around for donkeys and cost a quid
                  A lot of second hand model Ms have the old fashioned AT style connectors. You can get a modern one though, a company called unicomp bought the tooling and still makes them.

Customizer 104/105

Edit: or an adapter is 59p

Now can I justify buying another keyboard? Ms doodab is already aghast at the amount of unused stuff lying around the place.
                  http://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-...oard-converter
                  Last edited by doodab; 26 August 2011, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                  X