• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

e-book readers... Kindle Vs Nook Vs iPad Vs ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted

Amazon.com: New Version TrendyDigital WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Kindle 1, 2,3 (First, Second and Third Generation Kindle), Purple: Electronics

Comment

and to save a bit of cash...

Waterproof Case Cover Wallet For Amazon Kindle 3 3G 3rd | eBay UK

get the same one on e-bay cheaper.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Kindle/e-reader for ordinary books (mostly text), iPad/other for tech manuals - Kindle is poor there. Haven't tried the larger and rare DX.

Refurb kindles are going for about £80 at the mo. Wonderful piece of kit, reawakened my dormant bookworm. Like others I've read more serious books in the past couple of months since I've had one than in the previous couple of years.

Comment

I just use these:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post

Refurb kindles are going for about £80 at the mo. .
            A new Kindle has a one year guarantee.

So if it goes wrong within a year with the product i.e. it keeps crashing, battery drains too quickly - they will send you a brand new one. You have to send the old one back otherwise they charge you but it can all be done free of charge.

The old Amazon Kindle covers caused a few problems hence I had to use this service. They use Royal Mail Special delivery to send the Kindle out to you but a courier to return it to them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              A new Kindle has a one year guarantee.

So if it goes wrong within a year with the product i.e. it keeps crashing, battery drains too quickly - they will send you a brand new one. You have to send the old one back otherwise they charge you but it can all be done free of charge.

The old Amazon Kindle covers caused a few problems hence I had to use this service. They use Royal Mail Special delivery to send the Kindle out to you but a courier to return it to them.
              The refurbs have 3 months which should be enough for existing issues to emerge, but I agree I would rather have the new one for the extra, as I've had problems too.

Amazon customer service has been exemplary.

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Hans View Post
                The refurbs have 3 months which should be enough for existing issues to emerge, but I agree I would rather have the new one for the extra, as I've had problems too.
                You mean some poor sucker has my old Kindle.

Oh dear.....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You mean some poor sucker has my old Kindle.

Oh dear.....
                  I would pay double to have anything that has had your hands gently caressing it SueEllen
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I would pay double to have anything that has had your hands gently caressing it SueEllen

Comment

An Amazon assurance of 12 months warranty (but no extended warranty) on the refurbs is claimed on MoneySavingExpert here, which makes them look rather more attractive, assuming you get it in writing from Amazon themselves.

For northernladuk's benefit, the post gives no indication of who might have handled them previously.

Comment

Working...
                      X