• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ADSL router recommendations?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADSL router recommendations?

Looking for a reliable wireless router (for ADSL). Must have draft N and at least 1, preferably 4, gigabit ethernet ports.

Any recommendations?

I have the Draytek Vigor 2820n - 1 gigabit port, Draft n wifi.. Works a treat with Bethere broadband. Another one is Billion 7402NX - 4 gigabit ports, Draft n.

neither are cheap.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've always had good experiences with solwise's own branded kit:

http://www.solwise.co.uk/wirelessaccesspoint.htm

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        I have the Draytek Vigor 2820n - 1 gigabit port, Draft n wifi.. Works a treat with Bethere broadband. Another one is Billion 7402NX - 4 gigabit ports, Draft n.

neither are cheap.
        a vote here for Draytek, excellent reliability my father-in-law has my old one that has been going for 5 years now, I upgraded to the 2820n,pricey, but worth it (like myself may I add)
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

I've tried Netgear, Belkin and Linksys.

The Netgear is by far the easiest to configure and monitor, routerstats works straight off with no configuration changes with most netgear routers.

The Belkin was almost as good but the interface let it down with too many reboots required for config changes.

The Linksys was rubbish as the interface didn't show much useful info should you have a problem.

Netgear FTW!
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

neither are cheap.
            Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
            a vote here for Draytek, excellent reliability my father-in-law has my old one that has been going for 5 years now, I upgraded to the 2820n,pricey, but worth it (like myself may I add)
            WTS - brilliant, reliable kit.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

When are they going to decide on a new classification? Manufacturers have been releasing 'Draft-N' products for donkey’s years.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Or...... If you are interested in a boxed BT2110 bog standard wireless router with 4 lan ports on the back, I have one lying in the wardrobe unused which you can have for a fairly minor consideration plus postage.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Thanks for all the posts.

I've heard good things about Draytek before but as noted they are quite expensive.

What about this one I found from D-Link: D-Link DIR-655

Comment

If you're going to spend that much why not spend the extra for the Vigor ?

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=5267

Comment

Working...
                    X