• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vaio - lockout !!?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaio - lockout !!?!

Vaio... I think its got ME on it... not put on by me but i have to get the goods off of it...... and i have no idea... been searching all day and can't find tulipe...

Bios entry... is hit ESC when the Sony comes up and then F1. Thats fine BUT ... it still wants a password...

Small 6 CHR entry box... and its fussy... get it wrong three times and you have to shut it down and restart...

any ideas ?

No i don't have a Sony floppy so don't go there.

-i-

Sorry but you going to have to speak to Sony. You can't short the bios on their portables (thats why I never both with setting bios passwords).

Comment

open the laptop...pull out the bios battery .. leave battery and machine for 3 to 4 hours. Then put battery backin...bios should be reset without password protection..

Comment

you sure ???

-i-

Comment

might invalidate the guarantee. Suggest you drop it in the bath and switch it on (battery power only). Let it dry out and send it back for a new one.

Comment

the bios battery is the 'watch' battery removable from the underside right ?

did it .. and no change... for 2 hrs...

but surely if i remove the bios battery and start her up ... that should do the same as removing for 4 hrs and putting it back in ??

-i-

Comment

re: lockout

iexplorer,

the point is that the password is held in the bios in a battery powered module, the suggestion is to remove the machine from *all* power and remove *all* batteries for a few hours to try and reset the bios so that the password is forgotten.

On most motherboards there is a jumper settting, you set the jumper and power up and the bios is cleared, dont know if such a thing is posible on the vaio - does anyone have an owners guide ?

Comment

Re: re: lockout

That did it ! Unreal.

What a sinch !

Thanks lads

-i-

Comment

Re: re: lockout

bloody thing appears to have somehow REMEMBERED its password months later... any more ideas ??

-i-

Comment

ah ya only come here when you want something........

Comment

Working...
                    X