• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle question

I am currently a PL/SQL, Forms, Reports etc developer and I would like to re-train to Oracle Financials but there seems to be so much to it, I don't know where to start. Does anyone know which modules I should be looking at and in what order I should learn them ?

re: Oracle Financials

Well for development you should get hold of a copy - I think you can get the linux version free from otn.

module wise the GL (general Ledger)/AR(accounts Recievable)/AP(accounts Payable) trio are most common.

The issue is getting good info on the programming interfaces and the data structures - look in otn/metalink

Comment

Oracle question

Thanks very much. Glad to see there are still some sensible people out there who are helpful rather than a lot of the other wasters who post to these boards.

Comment

That's because you posted on the correct message board.

btw. take care though, one of those waster might be the person with an answer to a future question...

Comment

Working...
        X