• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Broadband question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know dude, Sysman's of these world are frequest in big consulting companies who charge a big buck but offer bad advice.

Comment

"err, so you think you have secure connection by having your own wire to exchange? This is like to say that if you lock your car for 1 hour in a day then you are secure -- anything past exchange is as insecure as before!"

Please note that I said "more secure". Meaning that your neighbours can't listen in. No more than that.

"I know dude, Sysman's of these world are frequest in big consulting companies who charge a big buck but offer bad advice."

Well, I used to respect what you have to say (not necessarily agree with it, but respect it).

Not any more, idiot.

Comment

If you can't accept that you lost the arguement abotu ADSL contention (which seems not to apply to you due to your unique circumstances, which sound to me as a dedicated line with ADSL on top of it -- not what generally ADSL is like) then its your problem.

> Please note that I said "more secure". Meaning that your
        > neighbours can't listen in. No more than that.

They can listen it easily -- more than anyone else by using electro magnetic reading equipment from confort of their room to see what's on your monitor plus all keystrokes you do to input your password. Your "more secure" argument is so laughable that its not even worse considering -- security is a peculiar field where is no such thing as "more secure": its either secure or not, its boolean logic not some magical range of 55% secure kind of thing.

> Well, I used to respect what you have to say (not
        > necessarily agree with it, but respect it).

aww thats nice! so did I and I still do!

> Not any more, idiot.

well, I was careful not to slip into direct insults, it surely does not help build mutual atmosphere of respect, does it?

Anyway, in offer of peace I'd like to retract my sarcastic statement about Sysman giving bad advice that i mentioned above. We may have differences in opinions, but lets stay away from mutual insults, shall we?

Comment

Broadband

"Anyway, in offer of peace I'd like to retract my sarcastic statement about Sysman giving bad advice that i mentioned above."

Apology accepted.

"We may have differences in opinions, but lets stay away from mutual insults, shall we?"

Yes, please let's.

Comment

Re: Broadband

ok, that settles that then, peace.

Comment

Working...
            X